- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh held a bilateral meeting with US Secretary of Defense Shri Lloyd Austin in New Delhi on 5th June, 2023.
- The meeting was warm and cordial. The two sides discussed a wide range of topics of bilateral defense cooperation, with a special focus on identifying ways to strengthen industrial cooperation.
- Prior to the delegation-level talks, Minister Austin was given a guard of honor by a contingent of all three forces. US Defense Minister reached New Delhi on 4th June, 2023 on a two-day visit.
- The US Defense Minister came to India on 4th June after completing a two-day visit from Singapore. This is Austin’s second visit to India. He visited India for the first time in March 2021.
German counterpart Boris Pistorius :
- The German Federal Minister of Defence came on a four-day visit to India on 5th June. He came to India from Indonesia.
- In addition to his meeting with Defense Minister Rajnath Singh, Mr. Boris Pistorius will also meet some defense start-ups during an event organized by Innovation for Defense Excellence (IDEX) in New Delhi.
- On 7th June he will travel to Mumbai where he will visit the Headquarters of Western Naval Command and Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited.
Qns : Who is the current US Defense Secretary?
(A) Frank Kendall
(B) Giridhar Aramane
(C) Lord Stanley
(D) Lloyd Austin
Ans : (D) Lloyd Austin
Qns : Who is the current German Federal Minister of Defence?
(A) Lloyd Austin
(B) Mr Greg Moriarty
(C) Boris Pistorius
(D) James Forrestal
Ans : (C) Boris Pistorius