- Marking a significant milestone in the growing defense cooperation between India and Saudi Arabia, INS Tarkash, the flagship frigate of the Indian Western Naval Fleet, along with INS Subhadra, an offshore patrol vessel, reached Port Al-Jubail on 21 May.
- The visit of these ships marks the beginning of the harbor phase of the second edition of the naval exercise between the two countries, known as ‘Al-Mohad Al-Hindi 2023’.
- This year the naval exercise also includes the participation of a Maritime Patrol Aircraft. The inaugural edition of the exercise was successfully conducted in 2021.
- Al-Mohad Al-Hindi 2023, which began on 21 May, comprises a series of exercises carried out by the two friendly navies on land and at sea.
- On their arrival at Jubail Port, the Indian ships were warmly received by the Royal Saudi Naval Force, Border Guards and Indian Embassy officials, highlighting the cordial relations between the two countries.
Qns : Which two Indian naval ships reached Port Al-Jubail in Saudi Arabia?
(A) INS Tarkash and INS Subhadra
(B) INS Tarkash and INS Vikramaditya
(C) INS Subhadra and INS Sahyadri
(D) INS Vikrant and INS Arighat
Ans : (A) INS Tarkash and INS Subhadra