- CJI DY Chandrachud administered the oath of office to Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra and senior advocate Kalpathi Venkataraman Vishwanathan as judges of the Supreme Court on 19 May.
- With this, the total strength of judges in the Supreme Court has gone up to the sanctioned strength of 34.
- Justice KM Joseph, Justice Ajay Rastogi and Justice V Ramasubramanian are scheduled to complete their tenure during the summer vacation next month. The summer vacation of the apex court will run from 22 May to 2 July.
- Justice Vishwanathan, the newly appointed Supreme Court judge, will become the Chief Justice of India after the retirement of Justice JB Pardiwala on 11 August, 2030, and will hold office till 25 May, 2031.
- The warrant of appointment of Justice Mishra and Justice Vishwanathan as judges of the apex court was issued by the office of President Draupadi Murmu on 18 May.
Qns : Who administered the oath of office to Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra and senior advocate Kalpathi Venkataraman Vishwanathan as judges of the Supreme Court?
(A) President Draupadi Murmu
(B) Justice KM Joseph
(C) CJI DY Chandrachud
(D) Justice JB Pardiwala
Ans : (C) CJI DY Chandrachud