- The Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO will launch the GSLV-F12 navigation satellite on 29 May at 10.42 am from the Satish Dhawan Space Center in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
- It is the flight mission carrying the next generation NavIC satellite which will replace the IRNSS-1G satellite launched in 2016.
- NAVIC is a constellation of seven satellites that provide standard positioning service for civilian users and restricted service for strategic users.
- Three satellites of the constellation are placed in geostationary orbit and four satellites are placed in inclined geosynchronous orbit.
- The ground network consists of a control center, range and integrity monitoring stations, and two-way ranging stations. The NavIC signal covering 1500kms around India is designed to provide user position accuracy better than 20 meters and timing accuracy better than 50 nanoseconds.
Qns : Which organization will launch the GSLV-F12 navigation satellite on 29th May 2023?
Ans : (C) ISRO