- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi flagged off the first Vande Bharat Express from Dehradun to Delhi at 11 am on 25th May through video conferencing.
- This is the first Vande Bharat Express train of Uttarakhand. Equipped with world-class amenities, this express train will usher in a new era of comfortable travel experience for passengers, especially tourists visiting the state.
- The train is completely indigenously built and equipped with all advanced safety features including armor technology.
- The Railways department is electrifying rail routes in the country, in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of clean energy for public transport.
- Moving forward in this direction, the Prime Minister will inaugurate the electrification of railway sections in Uttarakhand. With this, 100 percent electrification of railways will be done in the state.
Qns : What is the name of the first Vande Bharat Express train in Uttarakhand?
(A) Dehradun to Mumbai Vande Bharat Express
(B) New Delhi-Varanasi Vande Bharat Express
(C) Nagpur-Bilaspur Vande Bharat Express
(D) Dehradun to Delhi Vande Bharat Express
Ans : (D) Dehradun to Delhi Vande Bharat Express