- Kolkata Metro Railway carried out a successful test run of two six-coach metro trains under Hooghly river’s underwater tunnel, which is the country’s first-ever underwater Metro.
- The two six-coach trains underwent a trial run on the 4.8-kilometer stretch between Esplanade and Howrah Maidan as part of the Kolkata East-West Metro Project.
- The trial runs in the 4.8 KM underground stretch from Howrah Maidan to Esplanade will be conducted for the next seven months.
- Commercial services on this stretch are expected to begin this year only.
- Howrah will be the deepest Metro station (33 meters below surface) in the country once this stretch is open.
- The Metro is expected to cover the 520 meters stretch under the river Hooghly in 45 seconds.
- The tunnel under the river is 32 meters below the water level, the only one of its type in India.
Question: How deep is the Howrah Metro station located under the river Hooghly?
a) 32 meters
b) 45 meters
c) 20 meters
Answer: a) 32 meters