Over two million people from around the world, including India, will perform Haj in Saudi Arabia on 27 June 2023.
- The five-day Haj rituals began with pilgrims gathering at the tent city of Mina on 26 June 2023.
- The main ritual of Haj is reciting prayers on the plains of Arafat, where the pilgrims spend the day praying and seeking forgiveness from God.
- The pilgrims will listen to the Khutba-e-Haj or Haj Sermon at Nimra mosque and offer midday and afternoon prayers together before heading to Muzdalifah.
- The next day, the pilgrims will return to Mina for the ritual of animal sacrifice and symbolic stoning of the devil.
- More than 175,000 pilgrims from India are participating in the pilgrimage, with a significant number of Indian women performing Haj without a male guardian (Mehram) this year.
- In 2019, before the pandemic outbreak, approximately 2.5 million pilgrims, including a record number from India, performed Haj.
Question : How many people are expected to perform Haj in Saudi Arabia this year?
a) One million
b) Two million
c) Three million
d) Four million
Answer: b) Two million