- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with Fiji’s highest honour, the Companion of the Order of Fiji, by the Prime Minister of the Republic of Fiji, Sitwini Rabuka. Papua New Guinea also presented its highest award to PM Modi.
- Sir Bob Dade, Governor-General of Papua New Guinea, awarded the Companion of the Order of Logohu to PM Modi for supporting the unity of the Pacific island nations and leading the cause of the Global South. Past recipients of the award include former US President Bill Clinton.
Some of the previous international awards conferred by countries on Prime Minister Modi.
- The Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud (the highest honour of Saudi Arabia awarded to non-muslim dignitaries),
- State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan (the highest civilian honour of Afghanistan),
- The Grand Collar of the State of Palestine Award (the highest honour of Palestine awarded to foreign dignitaries)
- Order of Zayed Award (highest civilian honour of the United Arab Emirates).
Qns : Who conferred Fiji’s highest honour, the Companion of the Order of Fiji, to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
(A) President of Fiji
(B) Prime Minister of Fiji
(C) Governor-General of fiji
(D) None of these
Ans : (B) Prime Minister of Fiji