- India is hosting the 44th edition of the prestigious annual consumer policy forum – ISO COPOLCO Plenary in New Delhi from 23 to 26 May. Union Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal will inaugurate the event.
- The plenary is based on the themes of Challenges and Good Practices for Consumer Engagement, Empowering Consumers for a Sustainable Future, Consumer Protection, Legal Frameworks.
- The Ministry of Consumer Affairs highlighted that the four-day event will see a distinguished presence of leaders from the government and business sectors, and an international delegation of eminent global stakeholders. The ministry said that this year’s plenary is particularly important for India and the international community.
- The conference will also feature workshops and addresses by a number of high-level speakers including ministers and dignitaries from around the world.
- The ISO COPOLCO Plenary is an event that has a significant impact on the global economy and subsequently on people’s lives. The International Standards Organization (ISO), an international body with 168 countries as members, develops the world’s standards affecting a diverse range of business and social sectors.
Qns : Which country is hosting the 44th edition of the ISO COPOLCO Plenary?
(D) United States
Ans : (A) India