- Banks across the country have started accepting Rs 2,000 notes in exchange from 23 May.
- The Reserve Bank of India, in a circular issued on 22 May, has directed banks to maintain data on the amount of Rs 2,000 notes exchanged and deposited in accounts on a daily basis.
- RBI said that the facility of exchanging Rs 2000 notes over the counter will be provided to the public in the usual manner.
- Earlier, on May 19, the RBI had announced the withdrawal of Rs 2,000 notes from circulation.
- The Rs 2,000 note was issued in 2016 after the central government announced demonetisation of old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes.
Qns : When were the Rs 2,000 notes issued by the Reserve Bank of India?
Ans : (B) 2016