Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi for bilateral talks on 25 June 2023 in Cairo.
- The leaders discussed deepening the partnership between the two countries in various areas, including trade and investment, defense and security, renewable energy, and cultural ties.
- They reviewed the full range of India-Egypt relations and agreed to enhance economic and cultural linkages.
- President Sisi conferred the ‘Order of the Nile,’ Egypt’s highest state honor, upon Prime Minister Modi.
- The leaders signed an agreement to elevate the bilateral relationship to a “Strategic Partnership” and signed three Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) in the fields of Agriculture, Archeology and Antiquities, and Competition Law.
- Prime Minister Modi invited President Sisi to the upcoming G20 Summit in September to be held in Delhi.
- Prime Minister Modi paid homage to Indian soldiers who sacrificed their lives in Egypt and Aden during World War I at the Heliopolis Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery.
- He also visited Al-Hakim Mosque and met leaders of the Bohra community involved in its upkeep, highlighting strong people-to-people ties between India and Egypt.
- Prime Minister Modi concluded his two-nation tour of the US and Egypt and has returned to Delhi.
Question : Which Egypt’s highest state honor was conferred upon Prime Minister Narendra Modi by President Sisi during his visit to Egypt?
A) Order of the Nile
B) Order of Merit
C) Order of Excellence
D) Order of the Pharaoh
Ans : A) Order of the Nile