Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate India’s first Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) on October 20, 2023. The inauguration will include the priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor and the flagging off of the RapidX train connecting Sahibabad to Duhai Depot.
- The RRTS is a state-of-the-art regional mobility solution designed to be comparable to the best in the world.
- The priority section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor is 17 km long and includes stations at Ghaziabad, Guldhar, and Duhai.
- The RRTS is designed to provide high-speed trains for intercity commuting, with a design speed of 180 kmph, running every 15 minutes and potentially increasing to every 5 minutes as needed.
- Eight RRTS corridors have been identified in the National Capital Region (NCR), with three prioritized for Phase-I implementation, including the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Corridor.
- The Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS will connect Delhi to Meerut in less than an hour, passing through urban centers like Ghaziabad, Muradnagar, and Modinagar.
MCQ on RapidX
Q.: What is RapidX?
A. India’s first indigenous semi-high-speed regional rail system
B. India’s first bullet train
C. India’s first metro train
D. India’s first monorail
Ans : A. India’s first indigenous semi-high-speed regional rail system
Q.: Which section of the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS Corridor was inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi on 20 October 2023?
A. Sahibabad to Modinagar
B. Ghaziabad to Duhai
C. Guldhar to Meerut
D. Delhi to Ghaziabad
Answer: B. Ghaziabad to Duhai