Minimum Support Prices (MSP) for six Rabi Crops for Marketing Season 2024-25. Cabinet meeting held on October 18, 2023, approved MSP increases are as follows:
- The highest increase of 425 rupees per quintal for lentil (masur).
- An increase of 200 rupees per quintal each for rapeseed and mustard.
- An increase of 150 rupees per quintal each for wheat and safflower.
- An increase of 115 rupees per quintal for barley.
- An increase of 105 rupees per quintal for gram.
- These MSP increases for Rabi Crops align with the Union Budget 2018-19, which aimed to set MSP at a level of at least 1.5 times the production cost.
Minimum Support Prices for all Rabi crops for Marketing Season 2024-25 (Rs.per quintal)
|S.No||Crops||MSP RMS 2023-24||MSP RMS 2024-25||Increase in MSP (Absolute)|
Q.: Which Rabi Crop received an increase of 200 rupees per quintal in its MSP for the 2024-25 season?
Answer: B. Rapeseed
Q.: How much increase in MSP per quintal was approved for wheat for the Rabi Crops in 2024-25?
A. 150 rupees
B. 105 rupees
C. 200 rupees
D. 115 rupees
Answer: A. 150 rupees