- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation the newly constructed Parliament House in the national capital on 28th May.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla called on the Prime Minister on 18 May and invited him to inaugurate the new Parliament House.
- The construction of the new Parliament House is now complete. The new building is a symbol of the spirit of self-reliant India.
- The construction of the present building of Parliament was completed in 1927, which is now going to be almost 100 years old. Lack of space was being experienced in this building as per the present requirements.
- There was also a lack of comfortable seating arrangements for the MPs in both the Houses, which was affecting the efficiency of the members.
- Keeping this in mind, both the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha passed resolutions urging the government to construct a new building for the Parliament. On 10 December 2020, the Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of the new building of Parliament.
Qns : Who is the Speaker of the Lok Sabha?
(A) Sumitra Mahajan
(B) Manohar Joshi
(C) Om Birla
(D) Meira Kumar
Ans : (C) Om Birla