Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, an Indian badminton player, set a new Guinness world record for the fastest shot by a male player in badminton. He achieved a mind-boggling speed of 565 kilometers per hour with his smash during a game.
- The previous record, set in May 2013 by Malaysian Tan Boon Heong, was 493 kilometers per hour.
- Satwiksairaj achieved the record along with his partner Chirag Shetty during the Indonesia Open, which they won recently.
- Malaysia’s Tan Pearly holds the Guinness world record for the fastest female badminton hit, with a remarkable speed of 438 kilometers per hour.
- The world record attempts were made on 14 April 2023 and were officially verified by judges from the Guinness World Records based on the speed measurement results from that day.
- Satwik’s record-breaking smash was performed in a controlled environment at the Yonex factory gymnasium in Soka, Saitama, Japan.
Q.: Who is the Indian badminton player that set a new Guinness World Record for the fastest shot in badminton?
a) Chirag Shetty
b) Lakshya Sen
c) Satwiksairaj Rankireddy
d) Prakash Padukone
Answer : c) Satwiksairaj Rankireddy