- The meeting of the Defense Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) was held on 28 April 2023 in New Delhi.
- India became a full member of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in 2017 and is chairing it for the first time since then.
- Defense ministers of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are participating in the meeting. India has invited Belarus and Iran as observer countries in the meeting. The Defense Minister of Pakistan is attending the meeting through virtual medium.
- The ministers will discuss matters relating to regional peace and security, counter-terrorism efforts within the SCO and an effective multilateralism.
- India is committed to strengthen the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation-SCO to effectively deal with the challenges being faced by its member countries. Emphasizing the need to focus on a common agenda to ensure a secure, stable and prosperous region, India considers the SCO important to promote defense cooperation among member states.
Qns : Where was the meeting of the Defense Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) held?
शंघाई सहयोग संगठन (एससीओ) के रक्षा मंत्रियों की बैठक कहा पर आयोजित की गयी?
(A) Kolkata / कोलकाता
(B) New Delhi / नई दिल्ली
(C) Kerala / केरल
(D) Goa / गोवा
Ans : (B) New Delhi / नई दिल्ली