- An iconic Sharjah Cricket Stadium stand has been renamed after Sachin Tendulkar at a special ceremony in the United Arab Emirates to honor the Indian cricket legend on his 50th birthday on 24th April.
- The West Stand at the iconic stadium has been renamed as ‘Sachin Tendulkar Stand’.
- The Master Blaster has fond memories of this stadium. Exactly 25 years before the stand was renamed, Tendulkar had created a ‘Desert Storm’ at this stadium by scoring two consecutive centuries against Australia in the 1998 Coca-Cola Cup.
- This stadium is special for Sachin Tendulkar in another way. Of the record 49 centuries he has scored around the world, seven of them have been scored at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.
- Apart from Sharjah, the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) has named its gates after legendary batsmen Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara, which are used to enter the playing field.
Qns : Who is the Indian cricket legend honored by renaming the West Stand at Sharjah Cricket Stadium?
शारजाह क्रिकेट स्टेडियम में वेस्ट स्टैंड का नाम बदलकर किस भारतीय क्रिकेट दिग्गज को सम्मानित किया गया है?
(A) Virat Kohli
(B) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
(C) Sourav Ganguly
(D) Sachin Tendulkar
Ans : (D) Sachin Tendulkar