The government is launching a nationwide outreach and awareness campaign called “Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra” on the 15th November 2023
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Yatra on Birsa Munda Jayanti-Jan Jaati Gaurav Diwas by flagging off Information, Education, and Communication Vans.
- The Yatra will begin in the Khunti district of Jharkhand for tribal districts initially and later cover the remaining districts across the country from November 22, 2023, to January 25, 2024.
- It will be the first time that all gram panchayats will be covered during this outreach and awareness campaign.
- The campaign aims to create awareness and ensure public participation (Jan Bhagidari) in developmental and welfare schemes as India works towards becoming a developed country by 2047.
- Key features of 20 schemes, including Jal Jeevan Mission, Ayushman Bharat Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, Jan Dhan Yojana, PM Awas Yojana, PM PRANAM Yojana, and Urea Subsidy Scheme, will be showcased.
- Information will be disseminated in rural and urban areas using audio-visuals, brochures, pamphlets, and other mediums in regional languages.
- The Yatra will collect feedback about the schemes, and people will be able to share their experiences through ‘Kahaani Meri Zubaani’ and participate in on-the-spot Quiz Competitions.
- Prime Minister’s Mann ki Baat will be live telecast through the campaign’s vans, and a virtual question and answer session with the Prime Minister will be held.
- On-the-spot services like health camps, Aadhaar enrollment, and MY BHARAT volunteer enrollment will be provided during the Yatra.
- Agricultural activities, including drone demonstrations and interaction with progressive farmers on soil health cards and natural farming, are key objectives of the Yatra.
- Over 2,500 vans will cover rural areas, while 200 vans will disseminate information in urban areas.
Q.: What is the primary goal of the campaign “Viksit Bharat Sankalp Yatra”?
a) To promote tourism
b) To conduct political rallies
c) To create awareness and ensure public participation in development and welfare schemes
d) To organize cultural festivals
Answer:c) To create awareness and ensure public participation in development and welfare schemes
Q.: Which districts will be covered initially as part of the Yatra’s rollout?
a) Urban districts
b) Tribal districts
c) Coastal districts
d) Northern districts
Answer: b) Tribal districts