- Meta founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on 22 May that WhatsApp users can now edit messages up to 15 minutes after they’ve been sent.
- A sent message can be edited by long-pressing it and selecting the “Edit” option from the menu.
- The company said that the global rollout of this feature has started and everyone will be able to use it in the coming weeks.
- The instant messaging platform’s edit feature is being rolled out barely a week after the launch of a feature called Chat Lock, which allows users to password-protect select private conversations.
- On 25 April, WhatsApp allowed users to log into a single account on up to four phones.
About the Meta :
Meta Platforms, formerly known as Facebook, is a multinational technology conglomerate based in Menlo Park, California. The company also owns Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, among other products and services. Meta is one of the most valuable companies in the world and one of the ten largest publicly traded corporations in the United States. On October 28, 2021, Facebook’s parent company changed its name from Facebook to Meta Platforms to “focus on building the metaverse”. According to Meta, the term “metaverse” refers to the integrated environment that links all of a company’s products and services.
About the WhatsApp :
WhatsApp is an internationally available freeware, cross-platform, centralized instant messaging and voice-over-IP service owned by US tech conglomerate Meta. It allows users to send text and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share pictures, documents, user locations, and other content. WhatsApp’s client application runs on mobile devices, and can be accessed from a computer. WhatsApp was founded in February 2009 by Yahoo! Brian Acton and Jan Koum, former employees of In January 2009, after Koum bought an iPhone, he and Acton decided to create an app for the App Store. The idea began as an app that would display a status in the phone’s Contacts menu – showing whether someone was at work or on a call.
Qns : Who is the founder and CEO of meta?
(A) Will Cathcart
(B) Adam Mosseri
(C) Mark Zuckerberg
(D) Kavin Bharti Mittal
Ans : (C) Mark Zuckerberg