- World Liver Day is observed on April 19 to raise awareness about liver-related diseases.
- The liver is a complex organ with many functions, including immunity, digestion, metabolism, toxin filtration, vitamin and mineral storage, and bile production.
- Taking good care of the liver is important, and the liver has the unique characteristic of self-healing.
- This year’s theme for World Liver Day is “Be vigilant, do a regular liver check-up, fatty liver can affect anyone.”
- Liver diseases such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver cancer can be life-threatening.
- Risk factors for liver diseases include alcohol consumption, obesity, viral hepatitis, and certain medications.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is a common cause of cirrhosis and can be prevented with simple lifestyle measures.
- On World Liver Day, various health organizations and medical professionals set up awareness campaigns and health screenings.
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, including regular exercise and a balanced diet, can help improve liver health.
Question: When is World Liver Day observed?
a) April 18
b) April 19
c) April 20
d) April 21
Answer: b) April 19