- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has collaborated with Grammy Award-winning Indian-American singer Falu, to promote the benefits of millet and its potential to alleviate world hunger.
- The song titled “Abundance of Millets” was released on June 16, 2023.
- Grammy Award-winning Indian-American singer Falu has come out with the song inspired by the Prime Minister’s initiative to get UN declare 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- The year 2023 has been designated as the ‘International Year of Millets’ following a proposal by India and endorsement by the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization.
- The song, written in English and Hindi, aims to raise awareness about millets as a potential solution to minimize world hunger.
- Falu met Prime Minister Modi in New Delhi after winning a Grammy Award and he suggested writing a song together during their discussion on the power of music.
- Prime Minister Modi explained that India promotes millet due to its health and nutritional value.
- The song includes a speech written and narrated by Prime Minister Modi himself.
- Millets have a long history in India, dating back to the Indus Valley civilization, and are considered traditional food for over half a billion people in Asia and Africa.
- Falu expressed her excitement about the collaboration and the positive outcomes that occur when two democracies meet.
Question : What is the title of the song created through the collaboration between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Grammy Award-winning Indian-American singer Falu?
a) “Millets and Global Hunger”
b) “Harvesting Hope: The Millet Anthem”
c) “Abundance of Millets”
d) “Modi’s Melody for Feeding the World”
Answer: c) “Abundance of Millets”