- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched the first of its kind ‘Millets Experience Centre’(MEC) at Dilli Haat in New Delhi on 28 April.
- The National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Limited (NAFED) in association with the Ministry of Agriculture has set up the Millets Experience Centre.
- It aims to increase awareness about millet and encourage its adoption among the general public.
- Acting on India’s proposal supported by 72 countries, the United Nations General Assembly declared the year 2023 as the International Year of Millets (IYM 2023).
- Setting up a consumer-oriented ‘Millets Experience Centre’ (MEC) will not only promote the dietary benefits of millet but also popularize Shree Anna (coarse grain) as a nutritional powerhouse.
Qns : Who launched the Millets Experience Centre in New Delhi?
(A) Prime Minister Narendra Modi
(B) Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar
(C) National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India Ltd. (NAFED)
(D) None of the above
Answer: (B) Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar