- Air Marshal Saju Balakrishnan, AVSM, VM took over as the 17th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command (CINCAN) on 1st May 2023.
- The Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) is the only joint-services command in India that serves as a model for the country’s theater commands with capabilities from the country’s Army, Navy and Air Force.
- Air Marshal Saju Balakrishnan is a distinguished alumnus of the National Defense Academy Khadakwasla, who was commissioned into the fighter stream of the Indian Air Force (IAF) in 1986. With over 3200 accident-free combat hours on various variants of the MiG-21 and Kiran aircraft, he is an accomplished combat fighter leader.
- Air Marshal Saju has held several key positions during his illustrious career, which include the CO of Bison Squadron, the first Commanding Officer of an AWACS Squadron and the Air Commanding Officer at the prestigious Air Force Station, Jodhpur. Prior to taking over the command of the Andaman and Nicobar Command, he was the Senior Air Staff Officer at the Training Command of the Indian Air Force at Bengaluru.
- For his distinguished service, he has also been awarded the Presidential Award of Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vayu Sena Medal.
Qns : Who has taken over as the 17th Commander-in-Chief of the Andaman and Nicobar Command?
(A) Air Marshal Saju Balakrishnan
(B) General Bipin Rawat
(C) Admiral Karambir Singh
(D) Air Chief Marshal R.K.S. Bhadauria
Answer : (A) Air Marshal Saju Balakrishnan