- Santiago Peña, an economist and member of Paraguay’s ruling conservative Colorado Party, has won the country’s presidential election.
- Peña received over 42% of the vote, while his main challenger, Efraín Alegre of the centre-left Concertación Nacional coalition, received nearly 28%.
- The election was decided in a single round of voting.
- The Colorado Party has been the dominant political force in Paraguay for over 70 years.
- Addressing his supporters, 44-year-old Peña called for nationwide unity and consensus.
- Paraguay’s economy is expected to grow by over 4% this year, but the country still faces significant challenges related to poverty and corruption.
Qns : Who won the presidential election in Paraguay in 2023?
(A) Efraín Alegre
(B) Santiago Peña
(C) Justin Trudeau.
(D) Richard Wagner
Answer : (B) Santiago Peña