- India’s Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will be visiting the Maldives for a 3-day visit starting from 1st May 2023.
- During the visit, India will be gifting a Fast Patrol Vessel ship and a Landing Craft to the Maldives National Defence Forces to enhance the country’s defence capabilities and promote security in the region.
- India and the Maldives are working closely to effectively address shared challenges, including maritime security, terrorism, radicalisation, piracy, trafficking, organized crime, and natural disasters.
- The visit highlights India’s commitment to capacity building of friendly countries and partners in the region, as well as promoting its SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region) initiative and its ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy.
- The Maldives’ ‘India First’ policy underscores the country’s commitment to its relationship with India.
Qns : What will India be gifting to the Maldives National Defence Forces during Rajnath Singh’s visit?
(A) A submarine
(B) A fighter jet
(C) A Fast Patrol Vessel ship and a Landing Craft
(D) A helicopter
Answer: (C) A Fast Patrol Vessel ship and a Landing Craft