- Former Punjab Chief Minister and Akali Dal leader Parkash Singh Badal has passed away at the age of 95 in Mohali on 25th April 2023.
- Parkash Singh Badal is a well-known political figure in India, particularly in the state of Punjab. He was born on 8 December, 1927, in Abul Khurana near Malout.
- Badal started his political career as a member of the Indian National Congress, but later joined the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), a regional party in Punjab.
- He was elected to the state Assembly for the first time in 1957 as a Congress nominee from Malout, and later became an MLA for 11 terms, losing only twice.
- Badal became the Chief Minister of Punjab for the first time in 1970, heading a coalition government. He later served as Chief Minister for a total of five terms, from 1977 to 1980, 1997 to 2002, 2007 to 2012, and 2012 to 2017, making him one of the longest-serving Chief Ministers in India.
- He is known for his focus on agriculture and rural development, and his efforts to promote economic growth in Punjab. During his long political career, he has also held several other important positions, including Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab, Union Agriculture Minister, and Member of Parliament.
Qns : Which political party did Parkash Singh Badal belong to?
प्रकाश सिंह बादल किस राजनीतिक दल से संबंधित थे?
(A) Indian National Congress / भारतीय राष्ट्रीय कांग्रेस
(B) Shiromani Akali Dal / शिरोमणि अकाली दल
(C) Bharatiya Janata Party / भारतीय जनता पार्टी
(D) Communist Party of India / भारतीय कम्युनिस्ट पार्टी
Ans : (B) Shiromani Akali Dal / शिरोमणि अकाली दल