Indian Geography GK MCQ Questions in English for the preparation of UPSC, SSC, Bank and all competitive exams.
#1. The climate of North America is influenced during winter by the?
#2. What is it called when atmospheric temperature increases at higher altitudes?
#3. Which breed of the following buffalo breeds is found in the South-Western part of Gujarat?
#4. Operation Flood is related to?
#5. The driest part of India is?
#6. Where is Pachmarhi Biosphere Reserve located?
#7. Through which of the following states does the Rushikulya river pass?
#8. Qns : In which of the following states/union territories has the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) constructed a 440-m-long tunnel to boost the Char Dham Project?
#9. Which of the following states is a cotton producing state?
#10. Which is the largest extant mangrove forest in the world?
#11. Qns : In which of the following neighbouring countries of India is the famous Katas Raj Temples complex, with shrines of multiple faiths, located?
#12. Which among the following is an abiotic factor?
#13. Which Indian State is not known to produce tea?
#14. Name the food crop which gives highest output in India?
#15. The Greater Himalayas is known as called as?
#16. ______ National Park is in Ladakh.
#17. Which is the season of heavy rainfall in the Mediterranean?
#18. Crop sown soon after the onset of South-West monsoon in India is called?
#19. The sea which existed in the place of the Himalayas was?
#20. A channel of canal where water is forced to flow against the slope of land by upliftment is called ______
Press Above Finish button for the result of attempted geography MCQ.
Top 20 Geography : One Liner
- What is the highest mountain peak in India? Answer: Kanchenjunga.
- Which river is known as the “Lifeline of India”? Answer: Ganges.
- Which is the largest freshwater lake in India? Answer: Wular Lake.
- Which is the largest desert in India? Answer: Thar Desert.
- Which state in India is known as the “Land of Five Rivers”? Answer: Punjab.
- What is the southernmost point of the Indian mainland called? Answer: Kanyakumari.
- Which is the largest delta in India? Answer: Sundarbans Delta.
- Which state in India has the highest forest cover? Answer: Madhya Pradesh.
- Which is the longest river in India? Answer: Ganges.
- Which is the largest national park in India? Answer: Hemis National Park.
- Which state in India is known for its backwaters? Answer: Kerala.
- Which is the largest saltwater lake in India? Answer: Chilika Lake.
- Which state in India is famous for the Kaziranga National Park? Answer: Assam.
- What is the highest plateau in India called? Answer: Deccan Plateau.
- Which is the driest place in India? Answer: Leh in Ladakh region.
- Which state in India has the highest number of tiger reserves? Answer: Madhya Pradesh.
- What is the capital city of Uttar Pradesh? Answer: Lucknow.
- Which state in India is known as the “Spice Garden of India”? Answer: Kerala.
- Which is the largest river island in India? Answer: Majuli in Assam.
- Which state in India is known for its hill stations like Shimla and Manali? Answer: Himachal Pradesh.