The ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023’s schedule was announced. The World Cup will start on 5th October with a match between England and New Zealand at Ahmedabad. The final match will also be played in Ahmedabad on 19th November.
- The Indian cricket team will play its first match against Australia on 8th October at Chennai.
- The highly anticipated India-Pakistan match will take place on 15th October in Ahmedabad. The last encounter between these teams was during the 2019 World Cup, and India emerged victorious.
- A total of 10 teams will participate in the World Cup.
- The first eight teams (India, Pakistan, England, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh) have already qualified through the Cricket World Cup Super League.
- The final two spots will be determined at the end of the Qualifier tournament in Zimbabwe, concluding on July 9.
- The World Cup matches will be held across 10 venues in 46 days: Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Dharamsala, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, Pune, Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Kolkata.
- Guwahati and Thiruvananthapuram, along with Hyderabad, will host the warm-up matches from 29th September to 3rd October.
- Each team will play the other nine teams in a round-robin format.
- The top four teams from the round-robin stage will qualify for the knockout stage and semi-finals.
- All three knockout fixtures will be day-night matches, starting at 14:00 local time.
- The first semi-final will be held on 15th November in Mumbai, and the second semi-final will be held the following day in Kolkata, with reserve days for both matches.
Question : Where will the final match of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 be played?
Answer: d) Ahmedabad