Cashless treatment facilities are now available to beneficiaries of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) at AIIMS New Delhi, PGIMER Chandigarh, and JIPMER Puducherry.
- The Union Health Ministry has signed a Memorandum of Agreement on 27 June 2023 with the three medical institutes to provide cashless treatment facilities to CGHS beneficiaries.
- Serving and pensioners beneficiaries of CGHS will have direct access to advanced treatment facilities without upfront payments and reimbursement processes.
- The streamlined process will save time, reduce paperwork, and expedite the settlement of individual claims.
- The agreement aims to simplify lengthy formalities and expedite access to medical care for a large segment of the population.
- The government plans to expand the number of hospitals impanelled under CGHS to provide excellent tertiary care facilities aligned with increasing patient requirements.
Question : Which medical institutes have recently been enabled to provide cashless treatment facilities to beneficiaries of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)?
a) AIIMS New Delhi, AIIMS Bhopal, AIIMS Jodhpur
b) AIIMS New Delhi, PGIMER Chandigarh, JIPMER Puducherry
c) AIIMS New Delhi, Apollo Hospitals, Fortis Hospitals
d) AIIMS New Delhi, Max Healthcare, Manipal Hospitals
Answer: b) AIIMS New Delhi, PGIMER Chandigarh, JIPMER Puducherry