- The world economy is expected to grow less than 3% this year, and there will be a prolonged period of slower economic activity for the next five years.
- The slower growth will be a severe blow, particularly for low-income nations, and poverty and hunger might increase.
- India and China are expected to account for half of global growth in 2023, but other countries face a steeper climb.
- IMF managing director Kristalina Georgieva warned that the pandemic and Russia’s military operation in Ukraine would continue to cause a sharp slowdown in the world economy.
- Next week’s spring meetings of the IMF and World Bank will convene to discuss the global economy’s pressing issues.
Question: Which two countries are expected to account for half of global growth in 2023?
a) India and Russia
b) China and India
c) United States and China
d) None of the above
Answer: b) China and India