President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated two festivals – “Utkarsh,” India’s folk and tribal expressions festival, and “Unmesh,” an international literature festival in Bhopal on 3 August 2023.
- The event is organized by the Culture Department of Madhya Pradesh in collaboration with Sangeet Natak Akademi and Sahitya Akademi of the Union Ministry of Culture.
- The festivals will take place from 3rd to 5th August.
- Governor Mangubhai Patel and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan were present at the inaugural ceremony.
- The President emphasized the significance of literature in reflecting and advancing humanity. Literature serves as a connection and takes society forward.
- The President highlighted the “Amrit Kaal Mein Unmesh” program, which focuses on the contemporary literary creations and their impact on readers.
- The term “Utkarsh” means progress, and the President emphasized that the progress of tribal communities will contribute to the overall progress of the nation.
- The President called upon everyone to take responsibility for preserving tribal traditions, languages, and cultures.
Q.: Who inaugurated the national festival of India’s folk and tribal expressions “Utkarsh” and the international literature festival “Unmesh” in Bhopal?
a) Governor Mangubhai Patel
b) Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan
c) President Draupadi Murmu
d) Culture Department of Madhya Pradesh
Ans : c) President Draupadi Murmu