- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit France on 14th of July as the Guest of Honour for the Bastille Day Parade in Paris.
- The visit is to mark the 25th anniversary of the India-France Strategic Partnership, and an Indian armed forces contingent will participate in the Parade alongside their French counterparts.
- The visit is expected to set new goals for strategic, cultural, scientific, academic, and economic cooperation between India and France.
- The two countries share a vision for peace and security, especially in Europe and the Indo-Pacific, and uphold the principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
- The visit will also focus on addressing key challenges such as climate change, biodiversity loss, and achieving Sustainable Development Goals.
- It will be an opportunity for India and France to reaffirm their commitment to multilateralism, including in the context of India’s G20 Presidency.
Bastille Day Parade is a military parade that takes place every year on July 14th in Paris, France. The parade is held to celebrate the French National Day, which commemorates the Storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789, a turning point in the French Revolution. The parade features French military personnel, equipment, and aircraft, as well as invited international military units. The parade is one of the oldest and largest military parades in Europe and attracts thousands of spectators from all over the world.
What is Bastille Day parade ?
Question: When does Bastille Day Parade take place?
a) July 14th
b) June 14th
c) August 14th
d) July 5th
Answer: a) July 14th
Question: Why is Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting France in July 2023?
A) To attend the Bastille Day Parade
B) To meet French President Emmanuel Macron
C) To mark the 25th anniversary of India-France Strategic Partnership
D) All of the above
Answer: D) All of the above