- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has won the International Union for Conservation of Nature’s (IUCN) bid to host the 2025 World Conservation Congress (WCC).
- The WCC is the world’s largest and most important gathering of conservationists, and more than 10,000 delegates from more than 160 countries are expected to attend.
- The 2025 WCC will be held in Abu Dhabi from October 10-21, 2025. The event will be an opportunity for conservationists from around the world to come together and discuss the most pressing environmental challenges facing our planet.
- The WCC is also expected to present a number of important proposals and recommendations that will help guide future conservation efforts.
- The IUCN WCC in 2025 in Abu Dhabi is expected to bring an estimated 10,000-15,000 delegates from over 160 countries across the globe and will be an event which could galvanise conservation actions to protect our planet, amid local & global challenges.
Qns : Which country has won the bid to host the 2025 World Conservation Congress (WCC)?
(A) United Nations
(B) United States
(C) United Kingdom
(D) United Arab Emirates
Ans : (D) United Arab Emirates